I was speaking to a parent the other day while removing head lice from her daughter and she was under the impression that adults don’t get lice as much because their hair is “old.” Lice do not discriminate by age. To them, hair is hair.
Lice are, however, particular about the kind of hair they live in. There are several types of hair they can’t tolerate.
- People with hair that’s less than ¼” long. Lice need hair and warmth to survive. Therefore, no hair means no lice.
- Some African American hair does not seem to get lice especially if it’s short/corn rows and has lots of hair product/oil in it. It is a myth that African American hair will never get lice.
- People with balding or thinning hair don’t typically get lice.
- Hair on babies that is thin and wispy.
- Head lice only like head hair, not other types of body hair. There are different types of lice for different types of hair on the body.
Lice heaven would be long, straight, thick hair. If I were a louse and I made it to the pearly gates of lice heaven, I would want to be in an 8-year-old’s thick long hair. I could set up shop and no one would be able to find me for months!
I rlaely needed to find this info, thank God!
Excellent day, this is the truly superb web site, I have rapidly declining in really like learning most of the articles and threads contained following the location, maintain the nice work as well as hope to learn a much more exciting articles from the time in the future.
I am so much excited after reading your blog. Your blog is very much innovative and much helpful.
Canon Camera Reviews
I admire your work , thankyou for all the useful content .
HJustto say thank you for this interesting article! =) Peace, Joy.
You have a very nice layout for your blog, i want it to use on my site too o
Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.
thanks for share!
I don’t know what “WordPress” is but if it has something to do with the way I can have automatic updates of new posts from my blog posted in my Twitter, than I’d like to know more about it.. . Please & Thank you. * My blog is a Blogspot / Blogger blog..